Music by Sigur Rós, Bryce Dessner of The National, Clint Mansell (Requiem for a Dream), Cafe Tacuba and more!
Mondavi Center Presenting Program
- Bryce Dessner / Aheym (Homeward) *
- Sigur Rós (arr. Stephen Prutsman) / Flugufrelsarinn (The Fly Freer) +
- Clint Mansell (arr. Kronos Quartet) / Death Is the Road to Awe from The Fountain +
- Missy Mazzoli / Harp and Altar *
- Thierry Pécou / NEW WORK * U.S. premiere
- Raz Mesinai / Crossfader *
- Clint Mansell (arr. David Lang) / Requiem for a Dream Suite +
- Ghosts of a Future Lost II. Meltdown III. Lux Aeterna
- Café Tacuba (arr. Osvaldo Golijov) / 12/12 *
* Written for Kronos
+ Arranged for Kronos
For more than 30 years, Kronos Quartet has pursued a singular artistic vision, combining a spirit of fearless exploration with a commitment to expanding the range and context of the string quartet. The group’s exploration of the ambient, ethereal music of Icelandic band Sigur Rós underscores the narrow distance between contemporary classical music and instrumental rock. The program also features music from Kronos’s contribution to the soundtrack of Darren Aronofsky’s film The Fountain.
Thu • Dec 9, 2010 • 8PM
Jackson Hall Standard
$24.5 / $18.5 / $12.5
View UC Davis Faculty and Staff discount pricing
Subscribers and UC Davis Faculty and Staff Discounts: Call the Ticket Office to purchase tickets at your discount. 866.754.2787.
Handling charges will apply for purchases made by phone or online.